Hello blog. It's been a while and something has changed. I've managed to get myself knocked up again. Baby no.2 due in May. Of course I'm happy, although this time round I'm finding it very hard to believe it's really happening. I've had a couple of scans and I can even feel the little thing moving around, but I still can't really get my head around it.
We waited until nearly 12 weeks to tell anyone, I only told people after ending up in hospital with a suspected ectopic/appendicitis scare. Neither of which came to anything, just random excruciating pain that only lasted a few days.
Perhaps after the 20 week scan I will finally accept that our family is expanding as well as my waistline.
Not to be negative but a few things have come to mind today that remind me of the drawbacks of being pregnant:
- The desire to eat everything - I had to stop myself ripping off the end of a baguette in the supermarket this afternoon. It was a primitive urge
- The absence of gin in my evening come down routine
- The horror of maternity bras
- The final realisation that I will never ever get into those pre no.1 pregnancy jeans
- The realisation that I will never took as glamorous as those pregnant celebs
My next post will be about how I plan to force the consultant to promise me a C-section, I have just discovered that second babies tend to be bigger. I’m not prepared to deliver bigger. All that talk in recent weeks of women being able to choose….the small print says ‘England or Wales’…damn you Scotland.
Right, I'm off to smell a big glass of wine.