Pages

Monday 14 March 2011

In the Beginning

My name is Kate. I’m a 31 year old mother of one - Holly Sofia, 17 months.  My significant other is Paul.  We have been together for 13 years and deal with the challenges of him being a tour manager in the music business on a daily basis - long trips abroad, unsociable hours and an ever changing schedule. 

When we decided to become three we talked long and hard about how difficult it might be for us, but in reality nothing prepared us for exactly how hard it would be sometimes. 

We have lived in Stoke Newington, Hackney for over four years and we love it. Love the area, love the people and love the facilities for babies/toddlers....but we have limited support and at the end of last year I decided that something had to give. I needed some help, I needed a break sometimes, I needed company - I needed to be near some family.

It was decided that we would move back to Scotland to be near Paul's parents, his brother and the lovely Giselle and their son Andres. 

It has been a very hard decision, we are leaving behind some very close friends, our flat and the life that we have built for ourselves. Minds have been changed and I have dragged my heels about making things happen.  But here we are, on Thursday the 17th March we are leaving Kyverdale Road, N16 behind and heading up to Dollar in Scotland to start over.  I am excited but scared, happy but at the same time sad. 

I have decided to start blogging as a means of making sense of the changes and challenges ahead. I will be looking to make new friends for both Holly and myself, find a new job in PR and settle the family into a new way of life. You are welcome to come along for the ride.




No comments:

Post a Comment